This is a Forum / Blog about Irish Banknotes and paper money.
The forum aims to be a source of information for collectors of Irish notes, as well as presenting interesting and new information. • Join now and contribute.

Alert! New high quality forgeries have been seen of the 1943 Irish Half Crown View Thread

• Registered users can post in all Forums • Click for Forum Feed

What's it worth?

General Topics on Irish banknotes • Shows • Auctions • Prices
Frank G

What's it worth?

Post#1 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello,
First post :D

Just wondering what my £20 (punt) note is worth, it's dated 10.9.28? I'm new to the table regarding collecting notes etc. so I would appreciate any information regarding this particular note. Its in good condition with no marks, tears or writing on it.

Thanks in advice.

Frank.

Mac
Governor
Governor

Re: What's it worth?

Post#2 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Greetings, welcome to the board.
If you post an image of your £20 note, face and reverse, I can give you a fiarly accurate value on it.
Or if the picture is too big to post send it by email to me at the site email info 421 address.

10.9.28 is the first date, and is quite scarce (around 40+ in the census, I'd have to look up the exact number recorded). Prices start at around 1000 Euro for an intact note, and work upwards from there—a good note to have :)

Frank G

Post#3 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Thanks Mac, pics are to large so I'll email you if that is okay. Having trouble finding your email address?????

Mac
Governor
Governor

Post#4 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Email is:
info421 AT irishpapermoney DOT com

Sorry, have to write it like that, otherwise the spam robots pick it up and it fills up with spam.

Return to “General Irish Bank Note Related”