So I don't know how many folks on this forum were in attendance today at the DNW auction (I suspect at least a few!) but can anyone explain to me what on earth I witnessed? Did they change the currency to monopoly money when I wasn't looking or something?
Some of the highlights of the 10 shilling notes:
- 12.12.45, gF: £1700 + fees (est. £300-£400)
- 13.08.46, aF: £2600 + fees (est. £200-£260)
- 24.01.50, gF/VF: £1700 + fees (est. £240-£300)
- 01.05.36, gF: £1700 + fees (est. £200-£260)
- 07.04.37, GVF/EF: £1700 + fees (est. £240-£300)
- 04.08.37, VF: £1100 + fees (est. £150-£200)
- 01.12.41, F: £1100 + fees (est. £100-£150)
... and that's not counting the numerous £600-£900 estimate smashers that we're in the mix as well!
Only one of the C Series replacement notes sold, and ploughman notes at £80 received no bids... has the world gone insane?