••• NEW USER REGISTRATIONS • Contact Admin ••• Please read before registering

General Topics on Irish banknotes • Shows • Auctions • Prices
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

••• NEW USER REGISTRATIONS • Contact Admin ••• Please read before registering

Post by Mac »

Unfortunately, spam, and worse, is a big problem on any web board.

New User registrations to this forum are screened by Admin. All genuine registrations are activated.
However, registrations from outtside EU, North America, Australia and New Zealand are automatically deleted. Therefore, new users from outside these countries should please request registration by email to: info421 AT irishpapermoney DOT com, and then register their username using the same email address.

This is the only way to screen for spam registrations, which sometimes happen in floods of hundreds at a time.
Users are welcome from all countries.

NEW USERS, please read the rules and guidelines for posting, thanks.

Admin
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: New User Registrations • Please read before registering

Post by Mac »

The new test for humans, features the well-known Ploughman notes.

any problems with it, please send an email.
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: ••• New User Registrations • Contact Admin ••• Please read before registering

Post by Mac »

I have closed the admin contact message facility ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of all pages as web bots have begun to send it spam, now up to a rate of a bit under a hundred an hour—damned computers! This renders it completely useless as a form of contact. Anyone needing to contact Admin, please use the email address on the top post of this thread.

The board contact facility will remain closed until I can find a way to block the spam :)

If you wish to send large images of banknotes, please send them by www .wetransfer.com which is an excellent free file transfer service.
The Governor
Rúnaí • Moderator
Rúnaí • Moderator

Re: ••• New User Registrations • Contact Admin ••• Please read before registering

Post by The Governor »

Spam rears its ugly head again :o
Our latest spammer, now not so sadly deceased :lol:, was terminated while he was still making malicious posts.
Not bad going for a Moddy to catch spammers in the act 8-) 8-) , but I was at my desk at the time when the email alert came in :mrgreen:, so, no problemo, as the cyborg said to the human.

I have reactivated the function for new registrations to be activated by Admin. I guess we'll just have to go with that for the time being.
Can't have an open registration process if the board is under attack.
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Post by Mac »

User registration captcha has been reverted to a simple question.

Potential new registrants should note the details of the first post in this thread.
The Governor
Rúnaí • Moderator
Rúnaí • Moderator

Re: ••• NEW USER REGISTRATIONS • Contact Admin ••• Please read before registering

Post by The Governor »

219 Spam registrations an hour currently coming in from our friendly spambots in Russia.
I've disabled new registrations for a while until they go away.
If any actual humans wish to join whilst registration is disabled, please send an email and we'll let you through.
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: ••• NEW USER REGISTRATIONS • Contact Admin ••• Please read before registering

Post by Mac »

Thanks for the effort there.
We might look at improving the captcha, as the bots are clearly getting through without much effort.
The Governor
Rúnaí • Moderator
Rúnaí • Moderator

Post by The Governor »

Captcha revamped, new question and answer in second post above.
The Governor
Rúnaí • Moderator
Rúnaí • Moderator

Post by The Governor »

I have disabled New User Registration for the moment, as the board is being attacked again by our Russian friends, 1 spam registration every 10 mins so far. Time to revamp the spambot countermeasures.
The Governor
Rúnaí • Moderator
Rúnaí • Moderator

Post by The Governor »

New captcha activated and board registrations open again.