Forum Changelog • Technical issues • Problems on posting PICTURES, how to use the web board, how to post etc

Website Chengelog Archives
Details on Technical Upgrades, Content Updates, and New Additions to irishpapermoney.com

Forum Technical Issues
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Forum Changelog • Technical issues • Problems on posting PICTURES, how to use the web board, how to post etc

Post by Mac »

Please report any bugs or viewing issues etc in this thread

Guidelines on how to use the forum are here:
https://www.irishpapermoney.com/forum/faq.php

Important: Ideally, pictures must be 256k or less in size. Larger pics should be posted elsewhere, and a link posted on the forum—this is how I post pics. There are a lot of free picture posting services online.

Alternatively, pictures for example for inclusion in the Ploughman survey or other surveys, or for valuations, may be sent to Admin at:
lists AT irishpapermoney DOT com
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Forum transferred and updated

Post by Mac »

Forum transferred and updated!

The forum is now running on phpBB 3.1, just released. I've learned a lot about it as I've been setting the forum up and transferring the database over.

Some functionality has been lost. It will hopefully be restored when the developers recode the various modifications that were in the old one.

26.01.14 • I've added in the recent posts mod

• I will aim to restore the locations info which enables users to add a flag from their country of origin (I always liked that feature)

Suggestions for other enhancements of functionality are welcome :)
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: Forum technical issues • Problems on posting, how to use the web board, how post etc

Post by Mac »

Spam!
We've been having serious spam registration issues, which knocked out the board for a few days.
Up and running again now.
The web is like a minefield :O
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: Forum Changelog • Technical issues • Problems on posting, how to use the web board, how post etc

Post by Mac »

PSS Report becomes Registered use only
No particular reason for this. It's a test.
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: Forum Changelog • Technical issues • Problems on posting, how to use the web board, how to post etc

Post by Mac »

Incorporating a few add-ons, including social media buttons
Always worth adding new bits when they become available.

The older version of PhpBB had some nice add-ons which I used to use, and will incorporate here if they become available for this version. One waits.
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: Forum Changelog • Technical issues • Problems on posting, how to use the web board, how to post etc

Post by Mac »

Added new section on Ploughman Banknote Valuations
The values will be kept generally up to date.

The Ploughman Valuations section is attached to the main Ploughman notes section.
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Post by Mac »

Added three new sections

Irish Joint Stock Banks. Pre-1928 notes issued by the six joint stock banks with the right of note issue.
Private banks. Issues of early small private banks of six partners or less.
Vintage Enamel banknote badges. Victorian era enamel badges of banknotes.