Now available 4th Ed of 'Irish Banknotes, Irish Papermoney 1928-2001' catalogue of Irish paper money

General Topics on Irish banknotes • Shows • Auctions • Prices
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Now available 4th Ed of 'Irish Banknotes, Irish Papermoney 1928-2001' catalogue of Irish paper money

Post by Mac »

Currently available, the new 2020 Fourth Edition of the essential catalogue on Irish Paper Money

Irish Banknotes
Irish Paper Money 1928–2001
by Martan MacDevitt 4th Edition 2020

Price £18 including postage to UK and Ireland
£16.50 to other countries, plus postage

Other countries please enquire for postage costs

Please visit the book order page on the main website or send your enquiries to me by email. Postage is extra, at cost, to other countries. I post to EU, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and some other countries.

Specifications: Card cover, 80 pages, A5 size (210mm x 145mm, 7mm thick), Perfect bound, 70 illustrations. Black and white throughout with four colour pages. RRP £16.50.
ISBN-13: 9780954371241.

This is the definitive guide and catalogue of modern Irish government Papermoney, a useful guide and essential reference for anyone interested in collecting and learning about the paper money of the Republic of Ireland.

The book covers all the government banknote issues of the Irish Free State and Republic of Ireland, with descriptions, quantities printed, valuations and illustrations.

Consolidated banknotes (Ploughman), 1929-1941;
Series A banknotes (Lavery), 1928-1977;
Series B banknotes, 1976-1993;
Series C banknotes, 1992-2001 (by date);
Limerick Soviet notes, 1919.

Special attention is made to illustrating the rarer note issues.

The 4th edition of Irish Banknotes features:
  • Revised valuations throughout, based on market movements. A brief review of the state of the market in Irish note collecting, and of interesting items that have turned up since the third edition.
  • Series B £100 note added. The denomination was cancelled unissued around 1985. Recently, information has become available about the notes, including images of the designs. Two different versions of the note design are pictured, one in colour. The note features Grainuaile on the face and the earliest map of Ireland on the reverse, which is illustrated at its actual size.
  • Over 70 illustrations, with special attention made to illustrating the rarer note issues, and low numbers of early notes.
  • Rare dates are listed, as well as printage quantities for all Types and denominations.
  • The latest progress report on the Ploughman Scan Survey, recording all the Ploughman notes by number, with an updated calculation of the estimated number of surviving Plowman notes based on the amounts outstanding and the amounts recorded in the survey. The Ploughman Scan Survey report also includes a breakdown by bank of actual recorded £1, £5, and £10 notes up to August 2019. (£10,074 face value, 9.57% of the outstanding total amount of £105,250). The reader can make their own estimates of numbers of surviving notes based on these data, and see which notes are the rarest.
  • Replacement notes, with a listing the highest and lowest number seen for each date of the Lavery notes and the C Series notes.
  • Updated information on Limerick Soviet Notes since the last edition based on new sightings of notes since 2017.
  • A colour reference chart of the letters used for the war codes on the World War 2 issues; and color illustrations of the Mulberry Variety notes.

Order your copy now from the book order page!

DOC
UNC
UNC

Re: Now available 4th Ed of 'Irish Banknotes, Irish Papermoney 1928-2001' catalogue of Irish paper money

Post by DOC »

Mac, looks great, the definitive guide for these issues. Looking forward to receiving the copy I have ordered :)
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: Now available 4th Ed of 'Irish Banknotes, Irish Papermoney 1928-2001' catalogue of Irish paper money

Post by Mac »

Thanks!
It will go on general release shortly.
ThePloughman
UNC
UNC

Post by ThePloughman »

Got mine today. Many thanks. Like the £100 on the cover!
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Post by Mac »

We are nearly sold out on these, such is the way of short run books on esoteric subjects!
I came cross a copy with a cut fold error on one of the pages, might be worth a premium someday.
LimerickNomad
Good
Good

Post by LimerickNomad »

Mac,

Top job and top man.

I'm delighted that such a good product has (almost) sold out.

It means we will see further editions of it in years to come.

LN.
DOC
UNC
UNC

Post by DOC »

As the ad says, when the 4th Edition of Irish Banknotes is gone, its definitely gone :)

I know that earlier editions are now difficult to obtain !
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Post by Mac »

Work is already underway on 'J' (i will be skipped for historical reasons).