Paper Money of Ireland 2nd Edition

General Topics on Irish banknotes • Shows • Auctions • Prices
callahiljo
VF
VF

Paper Money of Ireland 2nd Edition

Post by callahiljo »

I am hoping Forum users are already aware that the 2nd edition of PMI has finally been published by Pam West.

Many thanks to all who contributed, especially of course Martan Mac Devitt himself (take a bow!).

Do let me know if there any additions or corrections - there are bound to be a few errors in there somewhere! I can be reached on:
callahiljo1 AT btinternet.com probably more quickly than via this Forum.

I had hoped to be at the coin fair in Dublin on Oct 23rd but unfortunately I will not now be there. All being well I will be at the February 2023 fair.

Jonathan
Mac
Taoiseach • Admin
Taoiseach • Admin

Re: Paper Money of Ireland 2nd Edition

Post by Mac »

PMI 2nd Ed greatly expands known information on banknote issues of the joint stock banks and on the Private banks, and also in particular on the serial number details of the Ploughman notes, with complete listings of prefixes and numbers.
DOC
UNC
UNC

Post by DOC »

Congratulations on the launch of PMI 2nd Ed. This is a great resource for the collector of Irish banknotes or for those with an interest in banking and social history. Hopefully it will stimulate the emergence of new finds in due course.
DOC
UNC
UNC

Post by DOC »

Here is a new date for Bank of Ireland £1 notes.
Attachments
Bank of Ireland 1 Pound 12th March 1912 Baskin.jpg
Bank of Ireland 1 Pound 12th March 1912 Baskin.jpg (213.45 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
callahiljo
VF
VF

Post by callahiljo »

Thanks for posting this. Not previously seen.

The only other Bank of Ireland update so far is a new serial number for BA 80 £1 dated 16 Sep 1920 - B/41 29136